Monday, February 26, 2007

You might think that you know us...

but I bet most of you assumed that when you saw Harry Potter under "books we are currently reading," that I was reading them. You, in fact, would only be half correct. After years of raving about the Harry Potter books, I finally convinced Charlton to read them. He started with Book 1 (of course) and just finished Book 5 last Tuesday. His assessment is that #1 and 2 are good but once you get to the last 100 pages of #3, you won't be able to put it down. He is as obsessed as I am! I've caught him taking books with him all around the house and standing up reading because he can't put them down. "I'm going to take a break before I start the next one" are famous last words. In preparation for the 7th and final Harry Potter book coming out July 21, I decided to re-read the series with him. We've been reading them (admittedly) too much, so we decided that we needed to give Harry Potter up for Lent- that is why they have disappeared (though temporarily) from our "currently reading" section. Yet, somehow I feel validated that an Ivy League school graduate reads and loves HP as much as I do. I even see a little resemblance to HP when I look at Steven...ok, ok, that might be pushing it, but he definitely has the hair!

If you haven't read them....you are missing out!

No comments: