Saturday, September 22, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
6 months..................................12 months
He couldn't do this at 6 months:
Saturday, September 08, 2007
"Ah, yes, the mobile toddler. There is no question that a toddler's mom is a tired mom, and for good reason. The emotional and physical energy needed to supervise an energy-packed tot can take down the most physically fit mom. If your toddler happens to be a boy, add fifty percent more energy."
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
These are my comments to guide you through the pictures:
- First two pics are from Sat morning- Steven has a mouthful of banana. I fixed him his favorite breakfast which is scrambled eggs. Kyle and Lindsay spent the night with us Friday night to help us get ready for the big day so some of these pics are compliments of them!
- I made Steven's cake and iced it; then Charlton took over and did the whiting edging. I told him that it totally "made" the cake and he did a great job.
- Obviously, we did a cowboy theme so we tried to have all "cowboy food." It included hot dogs, cornbread, baked beans, and corn on the cob. We also added some veggies, fruit, Twislers (I called them ropes), and chips and dip for Texas flare.
- I had a section of another table for nostalgia. I had Steven's first year scrapbook I'm working on out for people to look through. And the grandmas brought pics of Charlton and I when we turned one. There's a pic of my mom's scrapbook of my baby pics and one of Charlton holding Steven and a pic of himself. We also had a slide show of Steven's first year going on the TV during the whole party. I had his first birthday invitation pasted to a scrapbook page and had everyone write a message for Steven around it.
- Steven loved the tissue paper and took it out of most of the gift bags that were on the floor while I was opening his presents. So, I guess you could say that he opened some on his own.
- Steven did not like the cake as you can tell from the pics. He spit it out as soon as he got a taste.
- The last several pics are from Sunday- his actual birthday. I made him blueberry pancakes (a first of him). He loved the pancake part ( I let him play with a small whole one after he ate) but hated the blueberries. He made a face similar to when he had a bite of his cake. He was generous with his breakfast though and fed some grapes to his Daddy. He had a blast playing in the church nursery as usual and then played with his new toys the rest of the day taking a break only for his nap and to eat.