Thursday, July 03, 2008

22 Months




Steven turned 22 months yesterday on my birthday.  I forgot to mention in his last monthly update that he loves cars and trucks now-- actually everything is a truck because he loves saying the word.  He points them out on the road now when we're in the car (for example..."Wow, big truck!").  He has also started pointing out airplanes which is pretty often since we live very close to the airport.  He is just now starting to enjoy more activities which require sitting still and more attention.  He has added Play-Doh to his love of puzzles, books, and Legos.  I mentioned that I bought some a few weeks ago but wasn't sure if we'd actually try it for a while.  Charlton was the one that pulled it out one day and Steven did really well with it (meaning he didn't try to eat it).  He doesn't actually make anything himself yet; he likes for us to make something and then squeeze apart.  He also likes to put it in and take it out of the can-- that provides entertainment for a while.  It's not hours of fun or anything but I'm sure that he'll play with it longer as he gets older.  I like it because I think it fills some of his need for experimentation and curiosity.  

His vocabulary continues to grow as you can probably guess and I am continually surprised (I don't know why) at short sentences and phrases he says.  The other day he asked, "Where's my bag?" and is now bringing things to us and asking, "What's this?"  He can also say (and understand) things like "I love you" and "I'm sorry, Mommy."  That is the best!  In these pictures he's giving me flowers for my birthday after being away for the night at Mimi's.  He is becoming such a big, little boy...two is just around the corner!

No comments: