Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dean

"Hurricane forming near Gulf. Keep your gas tanks full."
This is the message that now reads on the electronic signs on Houston freeways. I saw it at the beginning of the summer (which is the beginning of hurricane season) and then it has reappeared in the last few days. We have had some serious showers end of this week, but nothing too bad in our area. Please pray for safety as this hurricane gets closer. We are not too concerned right now since we live pretty far inland but we did decide that we are going to fill up our gas tanks and go buy more groceries today. After Rita, people down here start getting anxious so I have to admit that when I was driving through a rainstorm yesterday with Steven in the backseat and saw the above message flashing, I had a slight desire to pack up with my men and head for the hill country.

No comments: