Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Standing Still

Steven stood all by himself on Monday. We've known that he CAN do it, so we usually stand him up with nothing that he can hold on to and then let go. He doesn't like it and usually just sits down; he usually knows when we're going to try it too. Monday, he and I were playing in his room and he had one hand on his exersaucer. Then he just looked at me and let go; it's like he was saying, "see, Mom, I can do it if I want too!" He stood there for a long time! I even had my camera handy but it wouldn't take (I realized after he grabbed the exersaucer again that it was still on the timer from that morning for the group pic below). So I stood him up in the middle of his room with my foot and then moved it to get a pic. This picture is so funny- he's biting his lip in conentration. He was so nonchalant the first time but I guess he doesn't like to perform under pressure. Very cute outfit from Mrs. Julie in MN. =)


I love it that he can drink from his sippy cup on his own. He throws his head back and gulps away!

This is my neighborhood bible study group. We had it at my house on Monday and we were so excited that everyone was there (usually someone's kid is sick and then it's someone else's the next week, etc.). All the kids made it through the study great, so we had to take advantage of the photo op at the end! We meet every week and these women are such an encouragement to me! Our babies' ages range from 3 months to 16 months.

7 comments:

~the ten of us~ said...

Yeah, Steven !!! Maybe he will be walking when we see y'all in a few weeks.

Lindsay Newcomer said...

Good job, Stevie! Your outfit is really cute too, Laura.

Blogahon said...

YAY Steven!!! What a big boy! Oh, I wish we lived near you all. I would love to join your group! All such cute babies, too!

Jenn said...

Ok,I was in awe that Steven has the same outfit as Tegan 'cause I knew my mom bought me ours on a vacation and I was like "I know that outfit is from some little botique, how random that Steven has the same one." They I read that my mom got one for you guys too! FUNNY! Not such a small world after all :) Congrats to Steven! I'm just wishin' that Tegan would sit up on his own! :)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you have such a great group of friends that are all in the same stage of their life as you and in the same neighborhood.

Jamie said...

When you get a chance, check my blog..you've been tagged

I know, I know...humor me :)

Sarah Hazel said...

I tagged you, too. Maybe you can hit two birds with one stone, so to speak.